Friday, June 15, 2012

Unit 2

Learning about Kinematics in Unit 2 taught me that our body only feels acceleration. When our bodies are moving at a constant velocity regardless of what velocity that may be, we will not feel it. This triggered me to think about bungee jumping. I went bungee jumping when I was little and I loved the feeling of being suspended in air. Yet now I realize that the cool aspect of bungee jumping was not the actual jumping; It was how you are being thrown hundreds of feet into the air, but you don’t feel it at all because you are moving at a constant rate. I realize now that you don’t actually feel it when you are in the air, only when you are at maximum and minimum height.


4 comments:

  1. I also learned that our body only feels acceleration, previously i thought that when we are moving at a constant velocity we feel it but like you I learned that we only feel acceleration no matter how fast we are moving if its a constant velocity we don't feel it! good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! its still weird to think that the velocity of a race car can be zero, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow bungee jumping looks like fun! I like how you managed to connect something that you did in the past to what we learned this past unit. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Its really cool to be able to see that we actually have been experiencing physics our whole lives just like Mr. B said!

      Delete