Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Letter of Introduction


My name is Remi Yamashiro and I was born and raised in Tokyo. Music is a huge part of my life, as I love to sing, listen to music, and play piano and taiko. I also love to paddle, and I am currently paddling for Hui Nalu for the summer regatta season. I moved here as a freshman and have learned to love Hawaii and the people in it. Although science has never been my strong suit, I have enjoyed my science classes here at Punahou. I took biology as a freshman, and chemistry honors as a sophomore. After the summer course of Physics, I am taking AP Environmental Science during my Junior year. I took Geometry during my sophomore year for math, and through the summer physics course I hope to finally be able to see the relationship between classroom science and real-life science. My picture that represents who I am is a picture of Jerry for many reasons. Not only was Tom and Jerry one of my favorite cartoons growing up, I was born in the year of the mouse and I believe that says a lot about me. Jerry loves music, as do I, and the way Jerry playfully interacts with Tom symbolizes my playful relationship with some of my good friends.



4 comments:

  1. Science is not your strong suit... even though you're in honors and taking an AP course! You're crazy, I took this class to get more breaks. Good luck in AP Enviro! Tell me how it is :) I like your connection to Tom and Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i didnt do that great in those classes though! but thanks, ill let you know how APES goes! thanks(:

      Delete
  2. cute jerry picture! heehee where's the food?! hahahah :D music yes! (: i like it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankss! i was going to put the food one but then i found this one with the music notes and thought it was better(:

      Delete