Friday, July 20, 2012

Physics Class Review


This is my last post on the blog as our 6 weeks of Summer Physics comes to an end. It's been a great 6 weeks and although we covered so much material, I really felt like I grasped the concepts. I had always thought that Physics was just another science course that you had to get over with in order to graduate, but now I understand that Physics is the course that connects classroom science to real-world science. Science was never my forte so I always had a mental block about science courses, but I think Physics really opened my mind up to science, as I really enjoyed the course. In this class, I learned that Physics is actually around us everyday, as it is one of the few science courses that are applicable in our daily lives. The thing I liked about this course was that it was applicable outside of the classroom. Our sophomore science course, Chemistry is structured around lab-based learning and was confined in the four walls in which it was taught. Yet Physics allowed me to apply what I learned that day in class to what I saw around my house or outside. The learning didn’t stop after class was over as I could connect objects around me back to the unit we were learning. But something that could be modified to improve the class was the speed of learning. I found the first semester to be fairly easy, as the learning was spaced out so the pace of information we needed to absorb was very manageable. Yet as we started to move into the second semester, the pace of the class sped up dramatically and it was much more challenging to keep up with the pace of learning and information that was thrown at us. The tests got harder and I think everyone in the class would agree that the second semester was way harder than the first. On the other hand, because Physics is a cumulative course, it was expected that the further into the course we got, the harder it would become.



No comments:

Post a Comment